Information we may collect
Except as disclosed below, we do not sell, barter, give away, or license your personal information
- Personal Information Use of certain features of our sites, like signing up to receive a newsletter, or entering one of our races, requires that you provide certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address (for pre and post-race information and future offers), telephone numbers (for SMS text results and emergency situations), address (for postage of race packs), date of birth (for age-group category results), emergency medical details and gender (for results category purposes). We also may collect and store your personal information that we receive from other sources e.g. the information that you submit to form pay on entering, our event registration software.
- Anonymous Information Even if you do not request a newsletter, when you interact with our sites, we may collect certain non-personal information. For example, our servers keep an activity log that tracks all visitors to our sites. The information in the activity log is anonymous and therefore does not identify you individually. The anonymous information our servers collect may include, but is not limited to: your IP address, your registered domain or home server, time of access, date of access, web page(s) visited, number of clicks, software crash reports, type of browser used, session identification number, search terms, search results, access times, and referring website’s addresses.
- No information collected from children Our sites are not directed to children under the age of 11, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 11 years of age. Data for children under the age of 16 is entered with parental consent. If you are under 11 years of age you should not use our sites, and under no circumstance should you send information about yourself to us. If we discover that a child under the age of 11 has been entered without parental consent, we will immediately delete that child’s information from the site.
How we may use your information
- Emergency Situations
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to applicable law or comply with the legal process served on us or our sites, or,
- protect and defend our rights or property, our sites or our users, and,
- act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of ourselves, our affiliates, the users of our sites or the public.
The security of your information is of great concern to us. We exersicse care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer/mobile device to our servers. Personal information collected by our sites is stored in secure operating environments that are not open to the public. While we try our best to safeguard your information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Linking to or from other websites
Changes to this Policy
10. Managing your information/opting out
If you would like your personal information to be removed from our records or if your personal information requires amending then we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your information as swiftly as possible. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. While we endeavour to make the updates as promptly as possible, communications may be sent using the original details until the changes have been processed. You may always opt-out of receiving future email and postal mail marketing and other messages and newsletters from us or request that your information is removed from our sites. If you wish to opt-out, click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of our emails. Alternatively, email us at email@example.com.
January 2019Last Reviewed